Saturday, August 16, 2014

"In LOving Memory Of My Aunt" Sunset - August 14, 2014

"In LOving Memory Of My Aunt" Sunset - August 14, 2014
Yvonne F Beatty Born Yvonne Frances Taylor to Methodist Pastor/Professor - Rev Dr Samuel S Taylor and Pianist/School Teacher/Seamstress - Exie Carter Taylor in Louisiana, after the birth of her Twin Brothers Marshall & Monroe. Later the Family migrated to Little, Rock Arkansas and lived on the Campus of Philander-Smith College for a time while My Grandfather was on staff there. My Mom Jessie-Katherine was born there (and Graduated from that same College 20 yrs later). Three years later, Felisa Jane the last edition to the Taylor Family was born.
All the Children later went on to Graduate from Paul Lawrence Dunbar High School. Upon, 16yr old Yvonne's Graduation her brother Marshall was able to talk their Dad into allowing him to allow young Yvonne into accompanying him to Seattle, Washington where the Government was soliciting workers for Boeing just before WWII.
Once there, Marshall realized how much he missed his Childhood sweetheart - Clara Jean and made a quick turnaround trip to go back to Little Rock to Marry her and bring her to Seattle.
Once back with New wife in tote, brother Marshall decided he Needed to find his sister Yvonne a Husband, for she and Clara were thick as thieves... so most times it was two against one. So, through the Merchant Marines he found Cecil Beatty... and long story short, they later Married and at the time of her passing My Auntie Yvonne & Uncle Cecil had been Married for over 70 yrs.
Though Auntie Yvonne had Many adopted Children/Grandchildren, she only gave Birth to Two Daughters - Pamela-Grace & Phyllis Catherine (Yasutake). Phyllis has 6 children, and four of her children at least have one child each.
Until she was Diagnosed with MS (decades ago) Yvonne Beatty worked for the Federal Government. For Many Years she was an Active Member of the NAACP and for Over 65 yrs She was a Member of Mt Zion Baptist Church of Seattle, Washington. She Handcrafted and sold Beautiful Ethnic Dolls for Many years. In her Senior Years she became quite the Extraordinaire in Bingo and was usually Very Lucky! ;-)
My Aunt was a Courageous Soldier! After being diagnosed with MS she Never Missed a Beat! She LOved Socializing, Entertaining, and Cooking; Among her Many Greats she made a Mean Pot of Gumbo and the Sweetest Peach Cobbler. Like My Mom She LOved the Children - Grands, GreatGrands, Nieces, Nephews, Hers, Yours and Everybody else's!
I Know Her Passing has left a whole Not Only in My Family, but in her Entire Community of Washington... through out her Life She Helped, Supported and Touched Many... and Even in her Last Days She was Never a Victim and Never Complained. She has been a True Inspiration to Many of Us. My Heart Absolutely Breaks for Her Husband, Children, Grand/GreatGrand Children, My Aunt Clara and My Mom. However, I will Sing for Joy that Our Savior Called her Home and No More Pain!!!
In the Passing of My Aunt Yvonne, My Mom - Sis Jessie K Wilson is the Last of the Original Taylor-Carter Family, So Please Continue to Pray for Her.
Taylor/Carter Family:
Dad: Rev Dr Samuel Shinkle Taylor - D/C 1956
Mom: Sis Exie Carter Taylor - D/C 1986
Son: Marshall Taylor - DC 1956
Son: (James) Monroe Taylor - D/C 1988
Daughter: Felisa Jane Hundley - D/C 2010
Daughter: Yvonne Frances Beatty - D/C 2014
May All Continue to Rest In the Awesome Power Of Peace!!!
Oh, and by the way, I know what year My Auntie was Born, but she always told me a Lady Never tells... So I'm Not Telling!!!
#RIP #RIPAuntYvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment