Friday, April 4, 2014

"EnJoyzWorld" My Polyvore Story!!!

"EnJoyzWorld" My Polyvore Story!!!

BECOMING EnJoyzWorld…                                                                                                        March  29, 2014

EnJoyzorld Professional Services (est.1998 originally as "JoyzWorld")... Is an Umbrella for Many Services and The Building of a Brand:

ARTIST/PAINTER – WATERCOLORS

GRAPHIC ARTIST

WEDDING/SPECIAL EVENT PLANNER

PROFESSIONAL STYLIST, SHOPPER & ORGANIZER

FURNITURE RESTORATION & RE-DESIGN

My Mission Statement:  EnJoyzWorld... "Anything Is Possible!"  If You Can Dream It... I Can Make It Come True!

As a Stylist, Organizer and/or Event Planner Polyvore has allowed Me to offer my Clients a more Visual effect on as to how things look together… without a ton of leg work.  In many cases I had to spend time actually, physically shopping finding pieces one at a time, taking photos, then making Collages, then emailing.  Later, when I began to shop on-line is when I found Polyvore and my life has not Only become much simpler in Business, but Fuller due to the Personal  Connections I have made with like-minded, yet Diverse Fashionistas on this site!

I am So Proud to be in the company of some of the Most Dynamic, Talented, Gifted, Compassionate People that Share My Passion for Fashion.  This Site Crosses Color lines, Social & Economic lines, City, State and Country lines and even One’s Religious/Spiritual Beliefs are Welcomed, Celebrated and/or otherwise Respected… All for Our Love of Fashion!  I have made Connections and built Friendships with others that I may not have ever had the Pleasure of Meeting… and even if We Never Meet in Person, I still Feel BLESSED!!   I am So Thankful & Grateful to Polyvore for giving us this Awesome Platform… and It’s Free!!!

Though I have been in Business since 1998, doing side jobs while keeping a 9 to 5 to Promote, Support and Keep My Small Business a float, since 2010 I Now Only work for Myself, EnJoyzWorld, Under My Umbrella... My Brand!  What’s Funny is, almost Every Service I offer started by Accident. However, the Day I found Polyvore  is the Day I took My Business to the Next Level! My Clientel is up 40% since I joined Polyvore in the Fall of 2012… Thank You Polyvore!!!

ORGANIZER/SHOPPER: I was born and raised in the Bay Area/Richmond California (just about 30 mins Northeast of San Francisco). After High School I went to College and Majored in Architecture with a Minor in Interior Design.  After Graduating College (the first time) in 1981 I moved to Bay Point, Ca (a suburb that sits about an hour east of San Francisco and an hour South of Sacramento) and entered into the work force, Childcare was a problem for me because it was so Costly and I didn't Trust many with my young daughter and my long commute didn’t help either.  Soon My Husband & I found it more feasible for me to quit my job and become a "Stay-At-Home-Mom", at least until my daughter started Kindergarten.

So, in 1984 My Baby started school, Neighbors and fellow PTA Moms asked if I would supply childcare for their children. By Halloween I was taking care of 7 Girls and 1 Boy. I purchased 8 of everything and wrote each kids name on each item and placed those items in 8 - 5 Gallon Tubs w/lids and wrote one child's name per Container. I then lined them up side by side in my Wall-2-Wall Closet in My Great Room. Every kid was responsible for the items in their container, from Crayons to their Sleeping Matts. After a few parents saw how organized their 5-6 year olds were they asked me where I purchased the Containers and other Organizer Items. Long story short I purchased the items, organized the kids room and the Parents gave me money for it. Soon the other Parents wanted the same and they All told their friends/family.  Later, I began to I'd up linens, pictures, toys and other accessories (based on each kids likes and interests) and they would buy them from me.  Before long, I was buying not only Items for their Children, but in addition Items for the Parent's Organization in addition to other items from Small Appliances to Clothes. So, I did my research, Set My Prices and made some Business Cards.

STYLIST-CATERER- EVENT PLANNER/CONSULTANT: Meanwhile, I was attending Cosmetology School while the children were at school. So, I started styling and later cutting the children's hair.  And another Long story short the Moms started getting Perms/Cuts and the Dads needed Haircuts. During this time I also began to purchase clothes for Holidays, Family Portraits and other Special Occasions, I even started designing Logos, Crests & T-Shirts for Family Reunions.

By the time My daughter was 10, My sister and I opened an All Purpose Beauty salon in Oakland, Ca. Meanwhile, I have Always been the Hostess with the Mostess and LOved to Entertain and Host all types of Parties! So, friends/family and business associates began to ask me if I could Cater their Parties. Soon I was Consulting & Planning their events.  I did the Children’s Parties also. I was like the Black Martha Stewart, I made a ton of Arts & Krafts with the kids an on special occasions made gifts for Mom and Dad. At the time Refrigerator Magnets were All the Rage. By the time the children turned 12, my services were no longer needed because most became latch key kids and I never took on any younger children. But, I still made and sold Refrigerator Magnets and Cookies until My daughter was in the 8th Grade which unfortunately at that time I separated from my husband and in 1990 moved from Northern California to the Los Angeles Area.

Though I had to rejoin the work force LA was the place for My Business to Balloon and it did just that. This is when I began to Consult and later Plan Weddings for those other than Family/Friends! When My daughter graduated High School I quit My Day job, got a Bartending job working at some of the Hottest Clubs in LA and I went back to College and Major in Computer & Information Science with a Minor in Accounting… I basically went back to School to learn Computers because I was tired of doing everything “Free-hand”

In 2000, @ 40, I moved back to Northern California and later Graduated from Cal Berkeley with a BS in Computer & Information Science. I re-entered Corporate America and worked until 2010 when the Recession caused my Position to be eliminated! Though I thought it was a Tragedy at the time, However it was actually one of the Best things that ever happened to me. I Probably would have Never went back to just working for myself! Then in 2012, when a Happened up on Polyvore, I knew I had made the right decision to Build My Brand!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful growth, and ys all things even uneventful things, all happen for a greater cause at the end!

    ReplyDelete